The body is made up of 206 bones. Joints are located where your bones meet and include your knees, shoulders, hips, and elbows. Joint pain. This provides a lot of areas where you may experience joint pain, which can often be debilitating and interfere with your work and ability to enjoy normal life activities.
At Atlanta Pain Centers, better pain management is our mission. We will work closely with you to develop an effective Atlanta joint pain treatment plan that will help improve your function, reduce pain, and increase your quality of life.
Starting with an Accurate Diagnosis
Joint pain can be caused by many factors. Arthritis often causes joint pain, but joint pain can also be due to other illnesses or injuries. Joint pain may be due to conditions such as tendinitis, gout, lupus, influenza, infection, osteoporosis or overuse, to name just a few.
Our experienced Atlanta joint pain treatment specialists will begin the process by understanding your pain and its source. An accurate diagnosis is possible after:
- Learning about your medical history
- Performing a physical exam
- Discussing your joint pain
- Ordering blood tests or x-rays
- Testing inflammation
- Drawing out accumulated fluid in the impacted joint area to test for infection or other causes of joint pain
Once our Atlanta joint pain treatment specialists understand what is causing your joint pain, we can begin building a comprehensive treatment plan.
Experienced Pain Specialists Offer Comprehensive Services
Atlanta Pain Centers offers comprehensive services for the treatment and management of pain. Depending on your medical history, cause of joint pain, and desired outcomes, your treatment Atlanta joint pain treatment plan may consist of one or more of the following:
- Sacroiliac joint injection – Sacroiliac joints can cause low back pain or pelvic pain, which is often caused by trauma to this area of the body or arthritis. Sacroiliac joint injections inject pain medication and steroid medication into the joint to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Facet injection – Facets are joints located in the spine and are often inflamed due to overuse. A facet injection injects a steroid into this part of the body to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Nerve blocks – Nerve blocks block pain and signals to the nerves with medication into the affected area of the body.
- Hip bursa injection – Inflamed bursas often cause pain to the hip, which can impede your ability to walk or sleep comfortably. Pain medication and steroids are injected into the bursa with this treatment option.
- Radio frequency nerve ablation – This treatment method uses a specialized needle to permanently block pain signals to the spinal joints that are causing pain.
Our knowledgeable pain specialists may also make recommendations regarding possible lifestyle changes that can help you better manage your pain.
Contact Atlanta Pain Centers to Begin Your Healing Process
At Atlanta Pain Centers, we want you to feel better. Our pain specialists will work diligently to determine the cause of your joint pain and offer you a comprehensive treatment plan targeted to help relieve pain and increase your quality of life. Contact us today by filling out our online contact form or by calling (770) 680-5740.