4905 Lavista Rd Suite B, Tucker, Georgia, 30084
Hip Pain Treatment Atlanta
Hip pain can dramatically impact your daily life. You can experience this pain by completing such simple routine activities as walking, standing up, or even sitting down. While you have likely tried to live with this pain, you do not have to continue to suffer. Hip pain treatment in Atlanta is nearby through Pain Management & Wellness Centers of Georgia. Our pain specialists provide integrative pain solutions to individuals who want to regain control of their everyday life and better manage their pain.
At Pain Management & Wellness Centers of Georgia, we provide every patient with customized care. No two cases are the same, so we take the time to learn about your individual health, needs, and objectives.
During your first appointment, your pain management doctor will get to know you. He or she will ask about your occupational, medical, and pain history. Additionally, your doctor will review your medical records and the effectiveness of prior treatment. Together, you will work with your pain specialist to create a customized treatment plan that is targeted to accomplish your objectives. Additionally, your pain doctor will work closely with other healthcare providers, including physical therapists or rehabilitation experts.
Our goal is to minimize or eliminate your hip pain so that you can enjoy a better quality of life.
The first thing that our team will do is to determine the cause of your hip pain. Hip pain can be a symptom of a problem with your hip joint, lower back, spine, pelvis, leg, muscles, or soft tissues. Our doctors may run a number of tests and review your medical history to determine the cause of your pain. Some of the most common reasons for hip pain include:
- Birth deformities
- Inflammation of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments surrounding the hip
- Pinched nerves or ruptured disks
- Inflammation of a joint
- Hip dislocation
- Labral tears
- Bone cancer
- Infection or disease of the bone
- Inflammation of the membrane in joint cavities
- Sprains or strains
Figuring out the cause of your hip pain will help inform the best type of treatment for you.
Treatments your doctor may recommend include:
- Anti-inflammatory medication – Hip pain is often caused by inflammation surrounding the hip, so anti-inflammatory medications are sometimes used to treat mild to moderate pain caused by the inflammation. Inflammation may be caused by issues such as arthritis, synovitis, tendonitis, or muscular tears.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy is often recommended to help treat pain and strengthen muscles. Physical therapy can also help reduce inflammation.
- Bursa injection –If your pain is due to an inflamed bursa, your pain specialist may inject pain medication and steroids into the bursa, which overlays the hip joint.
- Hip/Trochanteric bursa injection – A hip/trochanteric bursa injection is often used when the cause of pain is arthritis or when a patient has bursitis on the outside of their hip. Your pain specialist may use an x-ray and guided needle to deliver steroids or lubricant to the affected area.
- Epidural injections –If your hip pain is a symptom of spinal or lower back pain, your doctor may recommend an epidural injection to deliver a guided needle to the area causing the symptoms and the delivery of pain medication and steroids to help reduce swelling and heal your nerves.
To learn more about your treatment options, give us a call at (770) 680-5740.